Finally I had a chance to work and post the DIY princess hair clip holder which I absolutely love how it turned out! For those of you who want to try it at home this is how I made it:
1. I had to purchase the following things:
- Pink spray paint
- Magenta glitter (for shine)
- Wooden piece for body (in this case a heart shape but doesn't have to be)
- Ready made Bows (2pcs)
- Solid Colored Ribbons- 1" width
- Pattern Ribbons- 3/4" width
- Tulle (I had two colors already so didn't have to buy)
2. To start the project of I first had to spray the heart shaped wood piece with pink spray paint. Let it dry for about an hour to hour and half, then sprayed it with magenta glitter.
3. While the heart dried I cut the main tulle in 2-3" wide stripes (skirt length can be as long as you want).
4. For the contrast tulle (magenta color) I cut 1 1/2"-2 wide strips and they have to a be a little shorter in length than the main tulle strips.
5. Once all the strips are cut I attached them to one of the 1" ribbons (cut the ribbon long enough to wrap around the wooden piece) this will be the "waist" ribbon.
6. Then I cut the ribbons (contrast solid color & pattern ribbon) about 1" shorter than the skirt length and attach to "waist" ribbon.
7. For a princess touch, I added rhinestones to "waist" ribbon (see photo below).
8. Once skirt piece was done I attached to wooden piece.
9. The bows were then attached at each side of the heart along with ribbon to hang on the wall
10. Last step was to hang all of Dahlia's Hair clips!
*TIP* I used a hot glue gun to attach all my pieces together
**Additional Tip** Having a little girl helping you is awesome and could not have done it with out her by my side :)
Hope you guys enjoy our DIY