Am sure you guys feel overwhelmed with Easter stuff right now but I just had to share Dahlia’s Tutu Easter Basket I made for her. It was easy and the tutu can be worn afterwards!
Things you’ll need in case you want to make:
Tulle (I used small roll already cut)
Ribbon (I used decorative ribbon & plain)
Crochet headband (but can use ribbon or elastic
1. First thing to do is make the tutu. I started off by cutting the tulle into the length of the tutu I wanted (x2). In this case I cut them at 15” so finished skirt can be around 7.5”….I used about 28 cut pieces but it really depends on how full you want the skirt to be.
2. Then I folded one piece of tulle and inserted into an opening on the crochet headband (which will work as the waistband piece). Then I tied each piece, see photos here.
3. Step #2 has to be repeated for each piece of tulle until the whole headband is full
4. The fullness of the skirt depends on you but in my case I used about 28pcs to get the skirt this full
5. Once the skirt was done I trimmed the longer pieces so that they will look more even
6. Then I proceeded to wrap the handle which in this case was removable. I hot glued the beginning, the middle and the end so that it won’t move out of place.
7. After putting the handle back on I put the tutu skirt on
8. Finally as a finishing touch I made two small bows and hot glued them to the sides of the basket and wah-lah, it’s done!
Now Dahlia will have a fashionable Easter basket with a removable tutu that she can wear later or pass on to one of her little girl cousins!